Stacy's Updated Bio:
Stacy Julian is a recognized leader in the scrapbooking industry and the visionary founder of Big Picture Scrapbooking (BPS). Launched in November 2005, BPS is the first dedicated online scrapbooking education program with members around the world. Offering a wide range of convenient on-demand projects and progressive multi-week courses, what differentiates BPS is Julian's liberating philosophy and simple step-by-step thematic approach that unlocks a person's creativity and helps them to easily create stories out of life's special moments.So, to put it shortly, she is one amazing woman!
A passionate and sought-after speaker, trainer and author, Julian regularly presents across the nation and abroad, including Japan, Australia and Europe. Author of four books, her recent title Photo Freedom is sold at local craft stores, Creating Keepsakes.com and Amazon.com. She also has a popular blog and strong Twitter following. Her television appearances include the 's Home Matters and the PBS series More than Memories. Simple Scrapbooks Magazine, where Julian was the founding editor, has been mentioned in The and as a leading consumer publication for the scrapbooking industry.
Julian holds a Bachelor of Science degree from . A certified professional teacher with the Craft and Hobby Association since 1997, Julian lives in Spokane, Washington and is a proud wife and energetic mother of five.
Want to know more?
- Her website is a great resource as well as the Big Picture website. There you can find self-paced projects, workshops and free classes - it is all online! This is great for the busy scrapbooker.
- Not only is Stacy on Twitter, but she is also on Facebook as well, so it is easy to keep up with what she is up to and what creative ideas she has to share.
- As you read above, Stacy has published four books, they are The Big Picture, Make a Baby Scrapbook, Simple Scrapbooks, and of course, Photo Freedom.
- Stacy has gotten involved with an awesome type of cardstock, called Core'dinations, color core cardstock. She has a 20 page stack of cardstock called Happy Colors. It's an exclusive collection of Stacy Julian designs embossed on Core’dinations, the only sandable ColorCore Cardstock. Individual sheets are also available.
Whew! That's a ton of stuff! The Epilepsy Association of Utah is so lucky to have her come to this year's Crop Because You Care as our special guest! Did you know? She also has come to CBYC 5 times as our special speaker and is a HUGE CBYC fan she has helped sponsor CBYC 8 times!
It is only $25 to come and crop the day away with friends, family, be involved with classes, games, prizes and be able to see Stacy Julian on a more-personal level. And all of this is for a great cause.
Proceeds of the Crop Because You Care, goes to supporting the differing services the EAU offers to people directly and indirectly affected by epilepsy, such as...
- ESS (Epilepsy Seizures & Safety) Program: We provide trained speakers for community presentations to educate the public and help them understand more about epilepsy and it's effects.
- Support Groups: Provided in Logan, Vernal, Saint George, Sandy, Salt Lake and a Parents group in Draper.
- Camp Spike and Wave: This is a week long summer camp provided to teenagers 10 - 18 that are dealing with epilepsy.
- Annual Conference: Held every November this program includes speaker's who are experts in the field of epilepsy.
- Referral Service: Given to a variety of organizations that can provide other needed assistance.
- Informational Library: Containing brochures, books, videos and other literature relating to epilepsy.
So, all in all, it's going to be a day of education, crafting, and of course, fun!
As Stacy Julian said, "We scrapbook to live life twice."
Can't wait to see you there!